Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: San Diego Street Scene

  1. #1
    Inactive Member missnips's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2005
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I came over to Los Angeles from the UK earlier in the year to see Social D and Im gonna do it again for the San Diego Street Scene. Has anyone been before to tell me what its like and does anyone know yet which day they will be playing on? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the street scene has gone downhill in my opinion from 2 years ago. It used to be in Downtown San Diego in the gaslamp district. It was cool because they closed off 3 or 4 city blocks and set up stages. Now its in the frickin parking lot of the local stadium. They took away all of its soul and character and made it into a circus. Your probably better off making the Hootenany. At least thats back at its original location....the sweltering heat of Oak Canyon ranch.

    i say save your money bro.

    steve

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sac0sac's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I somewhat agree with Pits on this one...taking it out of the Gaslamp last year gave it a totally different vibe...and this year it will be even less-like the original version, as it was moved to the parking lot of the football stadium. So, it will feel more like Warped Tour, only with a better line-up!

    Social D is playing Friday night this year (like last year). Also on Friday are the White Stripes, the Killers and a few others. Saturday is highlighted by Snoop and the Pixies.

    I'll be there...and the hoot too, of course.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Its almost not worth going for me and Im only 90 minutes north. You live in the UK. seriously, blow your money on something way more important. Your lucky, you guys have castle donnington. I would fly to Europe for a show at donnington. Talking about vibe.

    <font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ May 23, 2005 04:43 PM: Message edited by: wolfpits ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member babyblue71's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2005
    Posts
    351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by wolfpits:
    the street scene has gone downhill in my opinion from 2 years ago. It used to be in Downtown San Diego in the gaslamp district. It was cool because they closed off 3 or 4 city blocks and set up stages. Now its in the frickin parking lot of the local stadium. They took away all of its soul and character and made it into a circus. Your probably better off making the Hootenany. At least thats back at its original location....the sweltering heat of Oak Canyon ranch.

    i say save your money bro.

    steve
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">In the parking lot?!?!? I was not aware of that. I didn't even know they moved it to the Q until a few days ago. I guess I have been working too much the past few years. All work and no play. Gotta knock that shit off.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sickboy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by wolfpits:
    the street scene has gone downhill in my opinion from 2 years ago. It used to be in Downtown San Diego in the gaslamp district. It was cool because they closed off 3 or 4 city blocks and set up stages. Now its in the frickin parking lot of the local stadium. They took away all of its soul and character and made it into a circus. Your probably better off making the Hootenany. At least thats back at its original location....the sweltering heat of Oak Canyon ranch.

    i say save your money bro.

    steve
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">That's a bummer they set it up like that. I was at the Scene back in 01 in the Gaslamp. Social D, X, Rollins Band, and Cheap Trick all on the same stage. Killer show. Roudy crowd, but killer show.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was there too sick boy. 01 was a great year. that year I skipped X to go inside the theater next door to check out the Andy Summers trio. when he was over, i went back outside right when social d was about to go on. Rollins and cheap trick smoked too.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member foxiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2004
    Posts
    185
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually WENT to Street Scene last year, and I have to say I prefered it to the previous year's show. I don't know how it will be at the stadium this year, but they should probably change the name to Parking Lot Scene or something more authentic.

    If you can, go to both the Hootenany AND SS.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member foxiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2004
    Posts
    185
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    BTW - just read that Flogging Molly will be at SS!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Mudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm hoping that Social D will play KROQ's Inland Invasion concert in September ... fingers crossed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •